Menu

Sorry to complain, looking for sympathy...

JFSinIL

I only had the colonoscopy and I was trolling for sympathy and volunteers to help with housework. I am sorry you have had to have so much done as a result of somebody's bad choices. But I have to say, it's better to be in the hospital bed now than 100 or 200 years ago. (We've been reading about the Civil War and the state of medicine at the time, to give you the context.)

Praying you feel better bit by bit every day and that you can see the progress.

I have rereading the crime mysteries with Monk and Hester Latterly, a nurse trained under Nightingale by Anne Perry, set in the 1860s, and there is a lot of content concerning medical treatments of the times. Ghastly!

Get it all done in one fell swoop, girl - even though I'm not sure I'd have them yank the appendix if nothing is wrong with it...after all I trust God put it there for a reason.

Just think that by this time next month it's OVER and by Christmas it is nothing but a distant albeit unpleasant memory.  :grouphug:

Meanwhile, insurance finally agreed to pay out of network providers....but instead of at in network rate, which has been the law up to now, they say they only have to pay at Medicare rate. Which is a lot less! Like, only forty thousand out close to three hundred thousand for one hospital! Hubby is furious!

Seriously?  Can this be challenged at all?  Will the hospitals accept that rate?

The more I hear about insurance the more it really, really, infuriates me (sigh).

I hope you're feeling better every day.  

Not only is hubby livid, the hospital is livid. When neither the attorney with twenty years experience in insurance law or the folks in billing at a hospital know about this sudden change in out of network coverage then you know something is rotten in the state of Denmark, er, Blue Cross.

Hubby is drafting an appeal. One more thing he has to do instead of doing paying work for clients. Good thing he was a bankruptcy attorney his first job out of college ( he helped small farmers in Midwest keep their homes, etc.- a good guy lawyer). We may need his expertise!

Not only is hubby livid, the hospital is livid. When neither the attorney with twenty years experience in insurance law or the folks in billing at a hospital know about this sudden change in out of network coverage then you know something is rotten in the state of Denmark, er, Blue Cross.

Hubby is drafting an appeal. One more thing he has to do instead of doing paying work for clients. Good thing he was a bankruptcy attorney his first job out of college ( he helped small farmers in Midwest keep their homes, etc.- a good guy lawyer). We may need his expertise!

Can contacting your elected officials help?  It could be worth a try.

I feel sorry that you even have to do this though. It's not right.  :grouphug:  I hate for-profit insurance.  Our school recently switched to Blue Cross and MANY are not happy about it.  I feel fortunate that we get to skip that fiasco.