Menu

Who wants to talk October baseball?

BarbecueMom

What is it with that injury this year? So many players around the league have suffered from it...I wonder why?

Ellis was out with it for a while. I'm guessing it's from a hitting strategy adjustment. Power numbers are down, maybe trying to react to pitching differences?

Argh, Jon Jay.

Ellis was out with it for a while. I'm guessing it's from a hitting strategy adjustment. Power numbers are down, maybe trying to react to pitching differences?

Argh, Jon Jay.

Probably just trying to see what it was like to be Kolten Wong in the World Series last year. ;)

Poor kid, I felt so bad for him.

BIG CITY!!!

ETA: Oh we need some insurance runs. I cannot take Rosenthal tonight with a one run lead.

I can't take Rosenthal any night with a one run lead, and tonight is a perfect example of why.

Maybe, just once, Matheny could let someone close the game. Just try it. See what happens.

Or, we could overuse Rosie like we have Waino, and maybe he could be hurt-not-hurt, too. Ugh.

I can't take Rosenthal any night with a one run lead, and tonight is a perfect example of why.

Maybe, just once, Matheny could let someone close the game. Just try it. See what happens.

Or, we could overuse Rosie like we have Waino, and maybe he could be hurt-not-hurt, too. Ugh.

Should that have been a wild pitch or a passed ball? It was in the dirt, but if Cruz had had his eyes open it was blockable.

Either way... grr.

Should that have been a wild pitch or a passed ball? It was in the dirt, but if Cruz had had his eyes open it was blockable.

Either way... grr.

Wild pitch that Yadi probably could have handled, but I can't fault Cruz for not managing it. How many catchers are there that are Yadi-caliber? Probably none (even if Lucroy thinks he is). I'm just grateful that Wong erased that whole episode.

Go Cards!!!

Wild pitch that Yadi probably could have handled, but I can't fault Cruz for not managing it. How many catchers are there that are Yadi-caliber? Probably none (even if Lucroy thinks he is). I'm just grateful that Wong erased that whole episode.

Go Cards!!!

I saw an article call it a passed ball, but yeah, wild pitch. We're spoiled by Yadi being able to handle those.

As my 6yo Yadi fan says, "Lucroy is probably playing golf right now."