Menu

What did you not anticipate...?

I taught myself Latin well enough to tutor my own through Henle 2 and then do Latin 2 locally in a paid class.

By no means am I a Latin expert, but it was an interesting challenge.  Buying Latin books for me was much cheaper than hiring it out.

I ended up outsourcing for Latin beyond that with "real" teachers because I decided that Latin 3 was too much, but I'm still amazed that I got as far as I did.

Re-teaching myself higher level math. Mind you, I was always a good math student, but it's been 30 years since I did pre-calc and the skills are a bit rusty.

I had always assumed that I would outsource the high school math since we live close to a public high school with some excellent teachers.  However,  DD hit the high school math sooner than I expected (best laid plans) and since I didn't want to send her up to the high school so young, I have been relearning the math - staying about a week ahead of her.

Good for my brain anyway!