Menu

SWB New Story of Science book?

Soror

Nothing like getting criticized before the book's even out. (I just wonder: On what basis is the above comment made? When have I addressed this issue in a way that would make readers assume I'm a proponent of "pseudo-science"? Hmm...)

Anyway, exclusively for my boardies, here's a sneak preview.

Table of Contents

Foreword

Acknowledging my own bias as someone who likes Queen, and enjoys her posts--I didn't read her statement as criticism, Dr. Bauer, but as an expression of caution. To wit, is a classically trained investigation of the subject matter necessarily synonymous with a scientifically trained approach? Does it need to be to achieve actual literacy in the scientific method? Those are honest questions, as I'm still filling in the gaps of my own understanding of science. I'm no expert.

In any case, I'm gratified that your educational philosophy encompasses this vital subject matter. A lot of curricula is frustratingly limited in its science material. As you state in your forward, it's pivotal to comprehending so much about trends in social, political, and environmental policies.

Also, I appreciate the scope of works covered from the Western perspective. I do wish there was more included by way of Eastern contributions, mostly because I'm barely familiar with that side of the science family. I'm guessing, however, that the scope necessarily must be focused on what has most affected Western classical thought.

Anyway, I hope this post will not be taken as criticism, but of well-meaning interest.

• 1 month later...