Menu

Cord for connecting iPad to TV.

KatieJ

Can you tell me why? 

Because cords are forever getting in the way and I hate having to deal with them!  :001_smile:  If XBox hadn't started offering Netflix and Amazon Prime streaming without having to purchase Gold, we'd have gotten one by now.

I love our Apple TV  - it is more expensive than a cable or Chromecast ($99), though, but so easy and convenient.  You can watch Hulu, Netflix, PBS, etc on it as well as share your iPad / iPhone / Mac screen with just the press of a button (so no messing around with cables every time you want to watch something).  If you have a Mac and you store videos in iTunes, you can also watch those on the Apple TV, as well as share photos through iPhoto.  We don't have cable, so we use it to watch things on Netflix or shows/movies we buy from the iTunes store.  

Thanks for all the ideas.  I have cable, but only one cable box that I can get On Demand or Netflix. . When I want to catch up on a TV show in my sewing room , I have been watching them on my Ipad.  However, I have aTV in that room, so I was wondering how to connect my IPad to that TV..  I am really not interested in other options at the moment.

I love our Apple TV  - it is more expensive than a cable or Chromecast ($99), though, but so easy and convenient.  You can watch Hulu, Netflix, PBS, etc on it as well as share your iPad / iPhone / Mac screen with just the press of a button (so no messing around with cables every time you want to watch something).  If you have a Mac and you store videos in iTunes, you can also watch those on the Apple TV, as well as share photos through iPhoto.  We don't have cable, so we use it to watch things on Netflix or shows/movies we buy from the iTunes store.  

The Chromecast that I linked to (which works with a variety of platforms including android and iPad/iPhone) is only about $35, which is still more expensive that the $10 or so we spent on the cable, but that's a lot cheaper than $99.