Menu

Please share your favorite 50 states song

We like animaniacs state song, also found on youtube and another one on youtube is the state song found on the channel kidtv123. The same channel also has a countries of the world song by continent, times tables and counting from 1-10in different languages including Japanese and German and measurements.

I learned Fifty Nifty & love it. My older two can sing it straight through & the next two can sing parts. It has helped me many times (including winning a $5 bet with my dad when I was little that I couldn't name 48 of the 50 states in less than 5 minutes - I asked if he'd double it if I could do all 50 in alphabetical order  :lol: ). It helped my olders when they were confused on whether something was a city or a state -- I'd ask, "Do you sing it in the Fifty Nifty song?"

My kids also like the Animaniacs capitals song, although they don't have it memorized. They memorized the capitals separately, but love to listen to the Animaniacs sing that one & the countries of the world song.

Whatever you like, let them hear a lot. Good stuff!

We really these songs for doing states and capitals:  http://amzn.com/B002BIKI5Q

Or maybe I should say, my DD found them really helpful to learn the capitals (she had learned the locations of all the states in 3rd grade for our co-op geography challenge, and had to add in the capitals in 4th).   I kept getting them stuck in my head!  We only bought the capitals songs.

We found the book "Little Man on the Map" to be great for learning the locations of the states, but then the Little Man on the Map capitals book was pretty useless...it was fun for DD to read, but she had no retention for it, which is why we bought these songs.