Menu

if you have ADD & a largish family how do you keep track of school?

My phone is super helpful to keeping me on track. We are just starting back to school. So far, I made a notebook for each kid in Evernote and a note for the month. I just plan to keep track of what books they do, shows watched etc. Plus, if they finished a book. I don't really have to answer to anyone and we are on the unschool side of the spectrum.

Just curious :)

I try to stick with a lot of "do the next thing" curricula.  I have a list of the subject areas to cover each day and what resource I'm using so I remember to get those group lessons done.  Then, each child gets their own printed list (I print 4 lists on one sheet in columns).  The printed list has daily lessons and I'll update if I'm adding or taking something away.  So my DD's list will say "do the next math lesson in TT, my son's will say do the next math lesson at Tablet Class...

I don't have to keep a portfolio or anything, just track attendence so I do that on a separate piece of brightly colored cardstock that I always keep in the same location.  Lose my cardstock sheet and I might just explode. LOL!

ETA: Unless you are wanting to avoid repeats, I probably wouldn't keep track of books read or shows watched.  That to me would become overwhelming quickly.  My two oldest have a stack of books they are to read from daily and as they finish a book I replace it with a new selection.  If I give them the same book again and they don't remember- then they need to read it again anyway. ;)

It is suppose to be hours in Montana. I am hoping to just make a note at the end of the month of what lessons started and what lessons ended or how many programs watched etc... I should be able to come up with hours that way.

I only have to keep track of my 14 and 11 year olds. The others aren't in the age range.

Oh dude, unless you need hours to be nitpicky and subject-specific, I would just have them clock in and clock out with an app.  There was one free a while back that I picked up.  I haven't tried it.  You might do a search to see if you can find one.  

Look up "Punch the time clock".  It's a free app that would do it.

OneNote. With little lists and boxes to check off and tables where needed.

Plus a box labeled Inbox for things I need to check. And workboxes for each child for each subject they do individually plus a workbox for each group subject.

Plus a file for each subject group for each of the two older kids (math, language arts, science, history/geography, fine arts, and health/safety/PE) to make putting together their portfolios easier. And a file each for the two middle boys (3 and almost 6) for their preschool work.