Menu

My Fitness Pal

Mom-ninja.

Okay, so I've tried to set up an account. I hesitated because I have never had a positive experience with any tracker program. This is proving to be no exception.

Seriously, the exercise section sucks. Just sucks. I'm not able to input over half the stuff I did this morning. Also, it only counts cardio as calorie burning? That is just false, false, false. WRONG. Strength training also burns calories, people.

This is why I don't like this "helpful" programs.

Okay, so I've tried to set up an account. I hesitated because I have never had a positive experience with any tracker program. This is proving to be no exception.

Seriously, the exercise section sucks. Just sucks. I'm not able to input over half the stuff I did this morning. Also, it only counts cardio as calorie burning? That is just false, false, false. WRONG. Strength training also burns calories, people.

This is why I don't like this "helpful" programs.

You can go under cardio and choose strength training and it will calculate the calories for strength/weight.  Hope that helps.

I love MFP! If you're looking to track food intake, it has the most extensive database. They have a fantastic social support community, and I have made great friends there.

If entering exercise is frustrating, it is much easier if you use an activity tracker (Fitbit, Jawbone, Bodymedia, etc.) that syncs directly to MFP so you don't have to enter anything.

Give it a little time, hopefully you'll get the hang of it!

Yeah, I use MFP mainly to track food. It tends to lump martial arts all under one activity and doesn't allow you to choose the level of intensity. And the vast majority of my exercise is martial arts, so not really very helpful there.

Yeah, I use MFP mainly to track food. It tends to lump martial arts all under one activity and doesn't allow you to choose the level of intensity. And the vast majority of my exercise is martial arts, so not really very helpful there.

Yeah, for martial arts, I just use the 'judo, jujitsu, blahblah' entry and enter 1/4 to 1/2 of the time spent according to perceived level of exertion.

Yeah, for martial arts, I just use the 'judo, jujitsu, blahblah' entry and enter 1/4 to 1/2 of the time spent according to perceived level of exertion.

Ha! That's exactly what I do too! Although when I do cardio kickboxing I do usually count the whole time.

I've been using it for a while and find it keeps me on track when it comes to food and portion size. I don't bother with the calories burned via exercise part. Our calorie usage is pretty difficult to determine, so I don't see how it could be all that accurate. I use it to keep track of my time exercising but I don't take the calories into account in my food plan.