Menu

PSA: Pilot Frixion erasable pens are the bomb

We are so loving this. Not a trace of the original writing left, and the eraser doesn't shrink or get used up. Be aware though- the ink isn't the inky deep sort. It's mildly weaker, but enough for ds to want his regular gel pens back. I'm the one with the withdrawal now :/.

http://www.amazon.com/Pilot-FriXion-Erasable-Point-FX7-BLK/dp/B001GAOTLY

This is the first time I think I've ever found a truly erasable pen.  Sure beats the pants off the ones I had to use in middle school.

BE CAREFUL! It disappears

And at the most inopportune time.

I was using these pens (and LOVING them) in my Bullet Journal and took notes in my VBS book... and both disappeared in less than 2 months!  I carry them around a lot of places I go, so they were in the car in Texas heat and my suspicion is that it is heat that makes them disappear. Maybe if you keep them in the house they will be fine.

Sure, you can put them in the freezer and the text comes back (though it looks lighter when it comes back)

But what if I hadn't noticed ahead of time? what if I opened my VBS teacher's guide at a store or during class to work out of and all my notes were gone? I can't depend on it ONLY erasing when I want it erased so I have reluctantly stopped using them.

What if I wrote a note/answers for a client and sent it to them and they opened it up and looked like I hadn't done anything at all? Because when its gone, there is NO residue to let you know there were any notes there before at all!

(And it makes me wonder... Does the "erased" text come back when you put it in the freezer to bring back the invisible stuff? I don't know. Haven't tested)

BE CAREFUL! It disappears

And at the most inopportune time.

I was using these pens (and LOVING them) in my Bullet Journal and took notes in my VBS book... and both disappeared in less than 2 months!  I carry them around a lot of places I go, so they were in the car in Texas heat and my suspicion is that it is heat that makes them disappear. Maybe if you keep them in the house they will be fine.

Sure, you can put them in the freezer and the text comes back (though it looks lighter when it comes back)

But what if I hadn't noticed ahead of time? what if I opened my VBS teacher's guide at a store or during class to work out of and all my notes were gone? I can't depend on it ONLY erasing when I want it erased so I have reluctantly stopped using them.

What if I wrote a note/answers for a client and sent it to them and they opened it up and looked like I hadn't done anything at all? Because when its gone, there is NO residue to let you know there were any notes there before at all!

(And it makes me wonder... Does the "erased" text come back when you put it in the freezer to bring back the invisible stuff? I don't know. Haven't tested)

Yes, I did read that in the comments section on amazon.  I do think it's the heat, because the disappearing was almost always related to leaving the paper in a hot car.  For our purposes, it doesn't make a difference because we only use them for school work, but it's probably good for people to know!

Aren't they amazing? We got some as a gift from a Japanese exchange student, and they're great. She also gave us some erasable markers and some erasable highlighters, which I sometimes use to make notes on the boys' schoolwork because they like to erase my marks once they've made corrections.

Cat