Menu

The Middle East friendship chart

SadieMarie

I can honestly say I have never seen a chart like that for this sort of topic.  I have no idea how accurate it is but that is definitely an easier way to look at the situation visually.  If the info is also accurate that would be a good tool to use with kids as well as adults....

When you click on the smiley faces, more info pops up, and that appears to be accurate.

I'm not sure I'm quite ready to declare Iran and Iraq allies.

I think the idea is that right now they are "friends" and that alliances/relationships are constantly shifting in the middle east.  So tomorrow that little smiley face could be something else.  But right now they have reason to work together regarding ISIS.  I would like to see one similar for Asia, Africa...  

Everything is not awesome. But that's a great chart. Id love to see another one side by side with popular opinion of the civilian populations in each country, and how they felt about each other country. Obviously, not practical,.but id like it just the same.

Me too.  It would be a very interesting study...