Menu

Question about the time shown on MacBook Air

Janie Grace

I opened my laptop today to see how charged it was and noticed that the time at the top of the screen said 1:15am. After a second, it switched to the current time of 7:00 or whatever. Does that mean that the last time it was open was at 1:15am -- or does it update itself when it's closed? The reason I ask is because dh and I were asleep at 1:15. If it doesn't automatically update sometimes, I am going to need to interrogate my children ASAP. Anyone know?

Hmmmm. The only thing that makes me think it might not mean it was opened at 1:15 is the fact that sometimes it seems to receive email without being opened. Which makes me think somehow it "wakes up" randomly while still closed. My kids all claim they weren't on it...

I'd just change the password (or set one, if you didn't have one.) Or keep the computer in your room at night?

Another option is to install an internet blocker that will block all internet access past a certain time at night that you can choose. We've used K9 Web Protection for this and also for general filtering.