Menu

Powdered laundry detergent for sensitive skin and cold water?

Amira

Charlie's Soap. Despite the name, it is detergent, not soap, and it's available in powder. Only one tablespoon per load, too, but works well. (I used cold water on clothes before moving here, now use warm because there's often too much chlorine in the water and warm prevents the fading for some reason. It always worked fine in cold water, though sometimes if the towels get an odor, I'll run them through on hot.)

Seventh Generation, free of dyes and fragrance.  Amazon has the powdered kind, I can't find it at our local stores, so I order it via subscribe and save from Amazon.

Does Seventh Generation dissolve well in cold water?  I used it once a long time ago and it didn't dissolve very well.

Does Seventh Generation dissolve well in cold water?  I used it once a long time ago and it didn't dissolve very well.

Hmmmm.  We use it in our front loader.  It's worked well for us.  I wash on cold.  Maybe it depends on the machine?

Hmmmm.  We use it in our front loader.  It's worked well for us.  I wash on cold.  Maybe it depends on the machine?

They might have made it so it dissolves better now too.  And I do think front loaders dissolve better that top loaders.  Thanks!

They might have made it so it dissolves better now too.  And I do think front loaders dissolve better that top loaders.  Thanks!

I'm going to do a load now, so I'll check to be sure it's washing on cold, not warm or something, and let you know how it goes.  I'm pretty sure our machine is set to default to cold, but I'll double check.  :)