Menu

Family Time Fitness sale. CHEAP!

tomandlorih

Family Time Fitness is running a special right now. $2/mo or $12 for the year. Gives you access to the lessons, all the vidoeos and downloadable workbooks etc.

Has anyone used this??  I've seen it before but wouldn't pay $108 for the year but for $12...  I'm certainly considering it. lol  Looking for reviews before I hit buy though. 

Signup is here (not an affiliate link;)http://www.familytimefitness.com/amember/signup

Information is here.. (although the price on this page is $4/mo so use the above link)http://www.familytimefitness.com/fitness4homeschool/Fitness4HomeSchoolLandingPage.php

TIA

have they changed the format?  I thought you bought the program, but it looks like now you only have access for a year.  The program isn't yours to keep anymore??  Of course, anything you print is...or I guess you could save it to your computer?  I don't seem to understand how things like this work.

Interesting. I have looked at this program several times in the past.

have they changed the format?  I thought you bought the program, but it looks like now you only have access for a year.  The program isn't yours to keep anymore??  Of course, anything you print is...or I guess you could save it to your computer?  I don't seem to understand how things like this work.

I think you can still download some stuff ... I got my email receipt but don't have access to the program yet. I'll update when I do.

I think you can still download some stuff ... I got my email receipt but don't have access to the program yet. I'll update when I do.

OK, I am back to report! I bought the year membership for $12, so it might be different for monthly access. The systems makes sense to me - the access to the content is staggered through the year, but you get quite a bit up front.

The Core 1 & 2 lessons are divided into groups of 20. You get access to Core 1 first. The first 2 groups (40 lessons) immediately. The next groups are available at weeks 11, 16, 22, 28, 34, 40, 46. Core 2 picks up at weeks 51, 57, 63, etc. to week 98. So really you need to subscribe for 2 years to get both levels.

They divide up the workbooks into quarters. Vol. 1 is available immediately for each level of the workbook. Vol. 2-4 are available in 4, 12, and 20 weeks for K-1, and weeks 8, 16, 24 for the other levels.

The High School Health elective is separated by week,with each video & quiz released each week (12 weeks total). The syllabus and supplemental stuff are available immediately (in a million different parts to download. It would be nice if it was zipped).

High School PE lessons are staggered too. Strength and Conditioning is available immediately. 5K running program and Basketball are available on week 12. High School Boot Camp is available at week 22.

OK, I am back to report! I bought the year membership for $12, so it might be different for monthly access. The systems makes sense to me - the access to the content is staggered through the year, but you get quite a bit up front.

The Core 1 & 2 lessons are divided into groups of 20. You get access to Core 1 first. The first 2 groups (40 lessons) immediately. The next groups are available at weeks 11, 16, 22, 28, 34, 40, 46. Core 2 picks up at weeks 51, 57, 63, etc. to week 98. So really you need to subscribe for 2 years to get both levels.

They divide up the workbooks into quarters. Vol. 1 is available immediately for each level of the workbook. Vol. 2-4 are available in 4, 12, and 20 weeks for K-1, and weeks 8, 16, 24 for the other levels.

The High School Health elective is separated by week,with each video & quiz released each week (12 weeks total). The syllabus and supplemental stuff are available immediately (in a million different parts to download. It would be nice if it was zipped).

High School PE lessons are staggered too. Strength and Conditioning is available immediately. 5K running program and Basketball are available on week 12. High School Boot Camp is available at week 22.

Thanks for explaining that!!  Do you get to download everything? Is it yours forever? I ask because if I recall it is written to do everyday, but I'm not sure I would want to do it every day or even if I would want to do every unit.  For $12, I should just get it.  LOL!

Thanks for explaining that!!  Do you get to download everything? Is it yours forever? I ask because if I recall it is written to do everyday, but I'm not sure I would want to do it every day or even if I would want to do every unit.  For $12, I should just get it.  LOL!

Once you download it, it's yours. So really you could subscribe for 2 years and eventually get every part. There are some things that are being released in July of this year, so they may keep rolling out new programs.

Just get it for $12! The first 40 lessons of Core 1 (that you can download immediately) will last you a few months if you're doing it 2-3 times a week.

I'm so unclear as to what is offered.  I have two kids - 7 and 8.  Can we do these things with just the three of us?  Can anyone give some examples as to what the videos are about?  My ds has a weak core/ weak fine motor and will be starting PT.  He's able to do regular P.E. stuff.  Might this program be helpful?

thanks, chelsea

Look on youtube for familytimefitness.

Here's an intro:

There are videos for each exercise or activity.

When you first sign up, you get access to Core 1. Core 2 is available your second year. Both are for grades K-8. If you want to use the workbooks, you could use different ones or the same one for your kid. A lot of it is vocabulary & spelling, actually.

My kids are a little older;  8,11,13,15.  Does anyone know if this is too childish for older kids?  I would like to have access to core 2 asap, as well.   Has anyone ever actually used this program to know if this is possible?

Thanks,

K

Haven't used it yet, but I noticed they have separate stuff for middle school and high school age kids.

I decided to sign up for it on the 26th but am not thrilled with the new format. Completely understandable that they want to keep people coming back every month so they are not releasing the entire course at one time and releasing them week by week but that doesn't work for those who already have core 1. We used core 1 a couple years ago so I was hoping to start on core 2 but it won't release until week 51 so the 1 year membership that I got isn't going to work on starting core 2. I called them to see if they could release it to me but they are going to call me back so we will see. 

Just a quick update:  I am going to keep it. I just logged in because never got a call back but I tried the core 2 files and seems they did unlock them for me. So if any of you already own the Core 1 seems they can unlock the Core 2 for you.