Menu

Book a Week in 2014 - BW26

Robin M

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neil Gaiman is a boundary pusher for me. He tends to plunge into the depths of darkness in ways that surprise me. I've read The Graveyard Book, Anansi's Boys, Neverwhere, Stardust, and Odd and the Frost Giants (lol) . I Started American Gods, but dropped it pretty quickly.  I couldn't handle the weirdness. Even the Graveyard Book had me shocked in the first chapter. There was no cushion of wonderful detail to lesson the impact of what happened as there was in Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone.

I just finished The Ocean at the End of the Lane and I don't know what I was expecting, but it was not at all what I was expecting. I kept thinking that it was totally a Stephen King-type book. 

I just finished The Ocean at the End of the Lane and I don't know what I was expecting, but it was not at all what I was expecting. I kept thinking that it was totally a Stephen King-type book. 

I'm a wimp. I refuse to read anything by Stephen King. I once watched the movie Misery while I was alone in the house and it took me a while to get over it. :svengo: