Menu

So, is there any reason to keep this….

My youngest is going to be a senior next year.   Is there any reason to keep math books that he's completed?  I am wanting to get rid of whatever I can before he moves on, but seem to think that I might need it, just in case.  Not sure if that is wise, or just having a hard time letting go of curriculum.  :tongue_smilie:

I kept the math books until after my son completed his SATs - that way when we were reviewing topics in the SAT review books we could go back and look up areas we had "forgotten" to refresh for the test. By the way, I am selling precalc curriculum in the classfies right now!

Myra

I can see several uses for math books:

1. course descriptions/list of topics/TOC for college apps

2. Test prep for standardized tests

3. Review. your student will need to take a math placement test before starting college. It is wise to spend some time reviewing; the books may come in handy.

4. Reference. Even if he tests into calc, he may at some point need to look up trig identities or refresh his memory on properties of polynomials.

I permanently keep all math texts algebra and up..

DD just sold 3 of her Teaching Textbook courses, and funnily enough, she is now wishing she still had the Alg. 2 to brush up on a topic she missed on her ACT practice test the other day (she takes it on Saturday), so you might want to keep them... But then again, DD is happy with the money she made!