Menu

Has anyone used the CM planner, More is Less?

I am looking for a simplish planner to keep track of days more or less, and extras.  I use Sonlight so the IG's serve as my lesson plans and I don't with to rewrite them.  I just want to keep track of extras and have a place to write notes.  The planner is available on the simply Charlotte Mason site and is called the "More is Less" Calendar Journal.  I cannot link it nor copy and paste....somewhat frustrating.  If anyone knows anything about it, I would be grateful for reviews or thoughts.  It does say "New" but I'm not certain if that means this is new for 2014-2015.

Here is another planner you might consider:  http://www.tanglewoodeducation.com/corebook.htm

SCM has one called "When More is Less" which looks to be a calendar with CM quotes.  http://simplycharlottemason.com/store/less-calendar-journal/

Just depends on what you need, I guess. 

The second one is the one I was talking about.  I searched for reviews but cannot find one.  I did look at the samples and really like it!  It seems to be exactly what I am looking for.  I did email and ask about the previous version for a discount.  Hopefully will hear back tomorrow.  :)

I just got this planner about a week ago.  The starting date is July 2014 and it runs through June 2015.  The squares on the monthly calendar would be a bit small for notes but there should be enough room under each day of the weekly layout, assuming you aren't including tons of detail.  Let me know if you have any other specific questions and I can try to answer them :)

Jennifer

I just got this planner about a week ago.  The starting date is July 2014 and it runs through June 2015.  The squares on the monthly calendar would be a bit small for notes but there should be enough room under each day of the weekly layout, assuming you aren't including tons of detail.  Let me know if you have any other specific questions and I can try to answer them :)

Jennifer

Jennifer-

I am interested in this as both a place to keep sporadic appointments (hoping the monthly calendar will work for that), and to keep track of days we actually "do school" vs. not "doing school".  My husband is a deputy and his schedule is erratic, therefore our schedule is erratic.  I am hoping to be able to maybe write S or FT or FD for school, field trip, family day, etc., also on that monthly calendar.  On the weekly layout, I just want to be able to write what we do that I would need to keep notes on, which isn't very much.  The SL IG's have nearly everything scheduled that we actually do, and I print an extra blank SL schedule page to write anything else on.  Maybe in the notes section I would write details about an upcoming field trip, if I need to know anything special, or details for an appointment.  I am not looking for a lesson planner.  I want something that is durable and that will fit in my diaper bag, so a full-sized planner will not work.  Oh, I also like the tabs, are they easily seen and accessed?  Let me know if you think what I want to use it for is feasible.

I have owned the On the Go Planner from HEDUA.  It is a flimsy little book with a lot of pages that I don't use.  I do like the looks of the Ultimate Homeschool Planner, but it has more than what I need. 

Sheesh, nearly 15 years later you'd think I could have chosen a planner by now!

Jennifer-

I am interested in this as both a place to keep sporadic appointments (hoping the monthly calendar will work for that), and to keep track of days we actually "do school" vs. not "doing school".  My husband is a deputy and his schedule is erratic, therefore our schedule is erratic.  I am hoping to be able to maybe write S or FT or FD for school, field trip, family day, etc., also on that monthly calendar.  On the weekly layout, I just want to be able to write what we do that I would need to keep notes on, which isn't very much.  The SL IG's have nearly everything scheduled that we actually do, and I print an extra blank SL schedule page to write anything else on.  Maybe in the notes section I would write details about an upcoming field trip, if I need to know anything special, or details for an appointment.  I am not looking for a lesson planner.  I want something that is durable and that will fit in my diaper bag, so a full-sized planner will not work.  Oh, I also like the tabs, are they easily seen and accessed?  Let me know if you think what I want to use it for is feasible.

I have owned the On the Go Planner from HEDUA.  It is a flimsy little book with a lot of pages that I don't use.  I do like the looks of the Ultimate Homeschool Planner, but it has more than what I need. 

Sheesh, nearly 15 years later you'd think I could have chosen a planner by now!

It sounds like this planner would serve your purposes well. I intend to use it much the same way.  I would not think it would work well as a lesson planner; it's more a personal planner. The monthly calendar would work for sporadic appointments and writing notations such as S and the weekly layout would give you room for general notes. And yes, the tabs are easily accessible as they extend beyond the cover.  And it would easily fit into your diaper bag.  It's flexible but sturdy. It really is nice and I love having the gentle CM reminders and inspirations in front of me :)

Jennifer

Also, if you did need additional space, at the end of each month there is a blank 2 page spread titled "Journal Notes".

So, are you after something for doing anything more then keeping track or your days schooled & extra curricular activities? Or just those things? I'm asking because I'm wondering if you could just print out FREE monthly calendar pages. Put an F for full day or P present & then 1/2 or H for half day A or 0 for full or no school. 

If you write down on the page what the activity is & time it was at, then that would cover tracking your extras.. just a thought.. just a thought. :)