Menu

Those of you using ELtL

smudge

formerly known as Language Lessons through Literature, how vital is the workbook? Must have or can I just have the kids keep a notebook with their assignments written down in there? We finished with WWE1/FLL1 and are switching to ELtL this upcoming year and I am trying to get things figured out....

Thanks!

I do not use the workbook for my student in ELTL 3. He has no problem copying from the page to his notebook. The exercises can easily be done in a notebook.

For my child going into ELTL 1, I will have to write the copywork on his paper to give him a model. The workbook would save some work, but it isn't a big deal to me.

In a nutshell, the workbooks aren't at all vital. They could definitely be a time-saver though.

It's essential for me.  We would probably use very little, if any of the program if I didn't have the workbook printed out and ready to go.  I print the workbook pages but I don't print the teacher book, I read it off my kindle.

I don't print every page of the student book, I do almost every page for DD but mostly just the exercises for DS (he's pencil phobic and I'm slowly trying to build his stamina).

We didn't need it at all for ELTL1. ELTL2 has workbook exercises that I'm not really looking forward to copying into their notebooks, but I will figure it out. It's usually 1-2 sentences for them to label and one of them is used for copywork. No biggie. I probably should make my own pages and print them off, but we just use comp. books.

We didn't use or need it (book 1).  I just wrote the copywork onto the white board (either the wall or lapboard, his choice), they are always short.  I think in book 1 it would be a huge waste of money, honestly.

Book 2 has some exercises as well as copywork but I still didn't buy the workbook.  I plan on continuing with the white board method.  But my DS enjoys working on the white board ;)