Menu

What's with the ads?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Homeschoolmom3

Wanting a Living Books Lists: Pre-K Kindergarten

So anyone have any favorite books that their kids loved at this age?  I have seen Sonlight's book list, as well as AO and Memoria Press, BFIAR, FIAR.  Any other suggestions?  Looking for specific subjects like history, science, math that teaches topics in a living book form.  I have also seen RightStart books for math and he loves Berenstain Bears Science book (I think it is in the Sonlight list.)  Any others?  TIA!

The Magic Schoolbus has picture books as well as chapter books on science topics. I second the Let's Read And Find Out books. Another good series is One Small Square.

I don't know what counts as "living" but I have been pleasantly surprised by the Cat in the Hat Learning Library titles. Very easy to read aloud and some great vocabulary and concept development.

Yes, I have been using Let's Find Out Series and he LOVES Magic School Bus he has been in love with that before he was 2!  Forgot to mention that.  Will look into One Small Square and Cat the Hat series (haven't heard of those).  I did check out the living math link....thanks!  Some good ideas!!  Any other favorites?

I don't know what counts as "living" but I have been pleasantly surprised by the Cat in the Hat Learning Library titles. Very easy to read aloud and some great vocabulary and concept development.

My kids LOVE these! Not sure if they would be considered "living" in the CM sense, but they did learn a lot :)  They picked them up on their own from the library.