Menu

Great article/blog post: Recognizing Dangerous Philosophies

TechWife

I liked this a lot! 

This quote especially:  But some messages seem to have a Law-Gospel-Law message, coming back around to a to-do list that guarantees blessed outcomes, rules to make you righteous, heavy-handed language bringing condemnation, or equations that turn God into a vending machine to do your bidding. Any message that seems rule focused is worth closer scrutiny.

Any philosophy whose adherents can really only cling to "God told me or convicted me..." also scare me, because usually the following Biblical back-up is either non-existent or taken out of context.  WAY too much *prescription-as-Biblical* going on when it comes to certain topics.  This is where Christians can get really lost.

That was very encouraging to read. If we can ever reach the place where that sentiment is not only the most prevelant within the homeschool community but also the most public we may discover that homeschooling is more widely accepted.

I also might be inclined to attend a homeschool conference if I knew the seminars would be about, you know, schooling.

That was very encouraging to read. If we can ever reach the place where that sentiment is not only the most prevelant within the homeschool community but also the most public we may discover that homeschooling is more widely accepted.

I also might be inclined to attend a homeschool conference if I knew the seminars would be about, you know, schooling.

Absolutely! Right now, I run away screaming. :willy_nilly: