Menu

Don't open if you're scared of the future...really take a look see...

My boys, sigh.

The oldest is starting college this coming Monday.

The second started public school on the 19th.(my b-day "40th")

The youngest is starting to have withdrawals and so am I.

I'm still hsing him at my work place (how's that for pc?) but it's not the same this year...I guess it never will be.

Right now we're (I'm) scrounging around trying to make sense of it all. College schedules, high school schedules, books, orientations, filling out paper work, oh the paper work ....oh my.

And then the oldest is planning a trip to Thailand, of all places, in December. His passport paperwork is jumbled, to say the least. Did I mention he has this connective tissue disorder that no doctor can diagnosis thus far? We're thinking Marfan's, but who knows. We're waiting for the last genetic screenings to come back from the lab.

So, how's your year going?

~Stephanie

My boys, sigh.

The oldest is starting college this coming Monday.

The second started public school on the 19th.(my b-day "40th")

The youngest is starting to have withdrawals and so am I.

I'm still hsing him at my work place (how's that for pc?) but it's not the same this year...I guess it never will be.

Right now we're (I'm) scrounging around trying to make sense of it all. College schedules, high school schedules, books, orientations, filling out paper work, oh the paper work ....oh my.

And then the oldest is planning a trip to Thailand, of all places, in December. His passport paperwork is jumbled, to say the least. Did I mention he has this connective tissue disorder that no doctor can diagnosis thus far? We're thinking Marfan's, but who knows. We're waiting for the last genetic screenings to come back from the lab.

So, how's your year going?

~Stephanie

:tongue_smilie: Don't you know this board is about asking EASY questions? My head is exploding for you! All that is going on is exciting, but overwhelming! I'm a big believer in things working out - they WILL work out for you too. (Because I wrote WILL in all caps :lol:)

Hang in there and please keep us posted!

:tongue_smilie: Don't you know this board is about asking EASY questions? My head is exploding for you! All that is going on is exciting, but overwhelming! I'm a big believer in things working out - they WILL work out for you too. (Because I wrote WILL in all caps :lol:)

Hang in there and please keep us posted!

...first I'm all weepy with Firefly here, imagining all too well what she's experiencing right now (and, hugs to you for it, Firefly!)...:sad:

And, then Ms. Funny here has to step in and make me laugh. So, if I write that I WILL get back to sleep tonight, then it WILL happen? :001_rolleyes:

Yes, do keep us posted FF. I'm counting on it, and pulling for you!

I'm so sorry, I can't imagine all the turmoil you are going through, but, hey--actually, you should be so proud! You got your first into college! How great is that!! And the second is going into high school! And, you are not only lucky enough to be able to homeschool at your job (how many people can do that), you are crazy enough, um, excuse me, brave enough, too? You are really amazing!!! Yes, it is frightening, yes, it is major changes, and yes, you are having trouble breathing (in and out, in and out, that is how it goes, remember that!), but you have obviously done a wonderful job so far!!!

Now--a couple of things I do know about--40 is nothing to fear! 30 was horrible for me--31 was worse. I had expected to have kids by 30, and I had lost my first, had second at 33, so 30 was the pits--31 was worse (didn't expect it, being thirty-something!). 40 was nothing--in a way, it was a relief! Hope it is for you, I breezed into it, I'm now 42, and have no prob with it. I have trouble remembering my age, that's how little it bothers me--and, no, it isn't alzheimer's, it is that I don't care ;).

Thailand--one of the best vacay's I've ever had! Cheap, beautiful--tell him not to drink the water or anything with ice, not to eat anything that hasn't been cooked (no salad), and to buy you silver, very cheap! He'll love it!

And relax, remember, in and out, in and out!

And take care!