Menu

This is a dear friend of mine- Adoption/birth family related

sassenach

Please pass this on if you're so inclined.  I know this can be a trigger for many people, so I just want to say upfront that she does not have a typical adoption story.  The people whom she considers her true adoptive parents didn't get her till she was a teenager.  They fully support her search.

http://www.khou.com/community/Woman-uses-social-media-to-search-for-birth-family-in-Houston-256288851.html

I hope she gets the closure she needs.

I finally went through the legal hassles, permission, and DNA stuff to find out my birth parents after my DD was born.  It was an interesting experience.  I learned some stuff, but honestly, I feel no connection with them.  My parents are still my parents.  Not a lot changed, really, but I'm glad I did it.

I hope she gets the closure she needs.

I finally went through the legal hassles, permission, and DNA stuff to find out my birth parents after my DD was born.  It was an interesting experience.  I learned some stuff, but honestly, I feel no connection with them.  My parents are still my parents.  Not a lot changed, really, but I'm glad I did it.

I really do think she'll be ok no matter what the outcome.  She's got her feet on solid ground.