Menu

You learn something new every day...

creekland

Today I learned that Post-it-Notes are great for killing ants - esp since they pick up the body with that one squish and can fit several bodies on one note.

Fortunately, I got this lesson at school.  Hopefully I won't have to see how well it does at home.

Anyone else learning something of such high value?

Ha, never thought of this. I bet a piece of wide scotch tape would work too and it's cheaper than the post-it-notes. And you don't have to spray anything. Sometimes, in tight areas, spraying even with regular household cleanser is cumbersome because of the clean-up.

Ha, never thought of this. I bet a piece of wide scotch tape would work too and it's cheaper than the post-it-notes. And you don't have to spray anything. Sometimes, in tight areas, spraying even with regular household cleanser is cumbersome because of the clean-up.

Ah, but the Post-it-Note was readily available on the desk and has a section I can easily hold without getting sticky myself... I've used two so far and right now, I'm winning.  No more ants have shown their faces for about an hour.  They'll all wait a few minutes until I'm gone, but then it's not my problem... ;)

Now that's a great tip! I am glad you learned that so I can now put the info to good use at church. We have trouble occasionally with ants in the church office and post it notes are always in the middle desk drawer.

Did I learn anything new today? Nothing astounding except that when I measured ds for new shoes, he had skipped a whole size and the size he is now was skipped by his next oldest brother so I have no hand me down's and will need to make a fast run to town for shoes.

Sigh....hopefully everyone else has something better to share!

While living in California I learned a lot about killing ants!  If there was a line of ants going in my kitchen, I would squish a bunch of them and then leave the bodies as a warning to the others.  :smash:  I'm not sure what the ants were telling each other, but they would take the dead ones and not come back!

While living in California I learned a lot about killing ants!  If there was a line of ants going in my kitchen, I would squish a bunch of them and then leave the bodies as a warning to the others.  :smash:  I'm not sure what the ants were telling each other, but they would take the dead ones and not come back!

Will have to try that one sometime... it sounds promising.