Menu

----

The wi-fi routers usually have an ethernet/lan port to connect to the ethernet port of the PC for configuration.

Through the PC's web browser, MAC address of the devices are added into the allow list so that your ipad can get wifi from your router.

You might be able to get the store to setup your router to allow all devices but that would allow your neighbors to access your router.

Your safest choice might be to call a local Apple store and ask.

I have an AirPort Extreme (Apple's router) and can set mine up through an app on my iPad. We've had it for three years and have never had to give it another thought.

ETA: The same is true of the AirPort Express. You can buy either one on the Apple website, but back in the day I think we got ours on Amazon.

If i'm not mistaken, you would set up your new WiFi via a browser window now, just like you would on a PC.  Or at least that's how we've set up our last two routers this year (long story).  

I can access the control panel via my desktop, laptop, or iPhone...

It never crossed my mind that Apple even made a router. Any chance that you may know if it is compatible with a non-Apple smart TV?

It's just a router...nothing Apple specific to it as far as the WiFi signal is concerned. My brother printer has no problem with it. As long as the device can connect to WiFi, it can connect.