Menu

New bra---very uplifting but now shoulders hurt

Ottakee

I went to a specialty bra store last night to get dd some new bras.  She got 3 and then I decided I should get fitted and get some new bras.

The one I got is very "uplifting" meaning that the girls are back where they belong and not hanging around down by my waist.  The problem is that the bra straps are now digging in my shoulders.  I have loosened the straps as much as possible and they still hurt.  Any ideas?  I have a glamorise sport bra in a 38G (normal size was a 38DD or 40D).  It really does lift things where they belong and help a great deal with the bounce.

I will call the bra store when they open to see what she has to say but thought I would check with the hive.  I know that there are many women who are much more endowed than I am (despite that size) and figure someone here would know what do to about the bra strap pain.

They have you in the wrong size/product.

Two things could be happening:

1. The straps are not supposed to support the bulk of the weight, the band is.  If the straps are digging in to your shoulders then they are supporting more weight than they are supposed to....that usually means the the band is not tight enough. 

2. The straps are too thin and are digging in due to poor design in that size bra. 

Heading back to the store at noon to try something else.  I think that the straps are just too short for me and they don't have stretch to them.  Bringing some summer shirts to make sure I get the right look.  The "uplifting" look was nice though so I want to get that back.