Menu

Talk to me about Egg Allergy in Kids?

Gil

If your kids are allergic to eggs how did you find out?

My youngest got ill a few days ago and had, after 2 days of being sick, finally started to feel better. He ate some eggs today and got sick again. He doesn't want to eat anything else right now. I'm trying to consider if he really could be getting sick from eggs or if he just wasn't ready to eat again just yet.

EDIT: Pal eats eggs almost every single day. It seems bizarre that he could have been eating something for 4+ years and we never know he is allergic to it. I mean, isn't egg allergy supposed to be severe as in need an epi-pen or a trip to the ER severe? Can a person even have a subtle allergy to something like eggs?

We don't drink milk because of lactose intolerance.

You don't think he's just still sick? Maybe it was just too much after being sick for a few days?

I guess I'm confused - was he sick from eggs initially? Just trying to understand what makes you think allergy?

(And, yes, you can develop allergies later, I'm just not following everything here probably.)

I think that he's just still sick but someone on this board had commented about eggs and it just made me (over)think the situation.

Since he's been sick, I wouldn't jump to conclusions. There have been some norovirus like bugs going around here, maybe in your area too?

But if you are worried, keep an eye on it.

I hope he's feeling better soon!