Menu

Easter egg hunt clues

Cera

We always do riddles or clues for the kids to find their easter baskets.   10-12 per kid, one per egg leading them on a hunt that ends with a particularly hard clue and the basket.  

I am out of ideas for this year.  Can anyone with a similar tradition share some you have used in the past?  My kids are getting older too so I need to come up with harder clues this year.

This page has a lot of ideas: http://www.thelittleactivitychest.com/easter-egg-hunt-clues/

Is that the type of thing you're hoping to find?

Cute idea!

Exactly the type of thing I am looking for...After quite a few years of writing my own I am running out of ideas.

I hadn't thought about treasure maps.  How would that work (a series of maps to new locations maybe?

I did something similar when my daughter was a young teen, and I would make her exercise her brain.

For example, the first clue would have a word problem.  She would be told to solve the problem and then go to that page of our unabridged dictionary to find the next clue.  In the appropriate page of the dictionary would be a clue which would state that the next clue would be in the poculum.  (Poculum is Latin for drinking vessel.)  And so on ....

Regards,

Kareni