Menu

Vegetarian St. Patrick's Day menu- help

jenn-

We had our St. Paddy's day dinner last night (DH on night shift tonight). I made Happy Herbivore Irish Soda Bread: http://happyherbivore.com/recipe/irish-soda-bread/

Then I sauteed up shredded cabbage, sliced onions and 3 carrots, oh and garlic with a little veggie broth and some tofurky sausage and served it on top of mashed potatoes. Delicious, healthy and filling!

are we going for green or for irish?

if its green, how about making spinach artichoke hummus?

if irish, how about your favourite potato dish?  baked potatoes?  potato soup?  we are mostly vegetarian rather than vegan, so potato skins with veggies and cheese are on our menu.

worst possible case, green candles and green napkins, and food dye in the water.....

have fun!

ann

I made Vegan Corned Beef and Cabbage once, and it was pretty good. It's really just a basic seitan dish with cabbage and potatoes, but my family likes seitan (we make our own rather than buying it). I'm not sure why I didn't make it again except that we make a few other seitan dishes already. Also, we are meat eaters, so if I want corned beef flavor, I make corned beef.