Menu

Time4Learning

ourjourneys

We used it for about 6 months last year when I first returned to work and we needed something easy to implement since my mother was watching the kids.

The kids did okay with it.  DD actually took an amazing leap forward with reading while using it.  They returned to MM and the stuff we were previously using and they didn't lose any ground and did continue to make progress.

I have a love/hate relationship with T4L. :-)  My daughter (7) LOVES it - she will do it for awhile, then get bored with it and stop.  So, I will deactivate. Then after a few months, she will beg to do it, so I will reactivate and she will have a honeymoon period with it again.  It is not our main curriculum - we just use it for "fun" - but I believe it has a good language arts program.  My daughter definitely gravitates to that section and not so much the math/social studies/science.  But in general, she has a strong affinity for LA and not so much for the other subjects.  She has a few other computer things she does (she really learns well through the computer) - she does Veritas Press history (Middle Ages), Rosetta Stone Spanish, and Teaching Textbooks 5th grade Math.  My daughter would be in 1st grade in public school and I have her set at 4th grade in T4L - which is good for her- not too challenging, and a sweet (fun) place for her.