Menu

Awesome CVC ipad app worth mentioning

macmacmoo

My five year old has just about masted CVC, so on a whim I went to find some apps to help reinforce what he has learned. I tried a couple and let him try them out.

Sky Fish Phonics is by far his favorite. He actually asked if we could delete the other apps.

His non reading younger brother is stuck on level three, which lets me know sheer dumb luck wont get you through the levels. The ability to read the words is required.

The app, when you tap on the letter will sound out the letters of the word. However it does not read the word flat out so some level of being able to blend the letter into a word is required. If you get it wrong it will tell you what the right answer is but you have to go back to the beginning of the level. With each level there are more questions.

I looked it up on appshopper.com to find out that it's been free for quiet a while but it has been as much as $2.99 in the past.