Menu

South Eastern Wisconsin people! I have a ?

bethben

Kenosha has a number of museums (Public Museum, Civil War Museum, and the Dinosaur Discover Museum). That's about the extent of my knowledge of that part of the state. It's a bit urban sprawl-y, imo. There's a nice Farmer's Market down near the museums, too. There's also an inclusive group (LARK) and a Christian homeschool group, if that helps.

Kenosha has a number of museums (Public Museum, Civil War Museum, and the Dinosaur Discover Museum). That's about the extent of my knowledge of that part of the state. It's a bit urban sprawl-y, imo. There's a nice Farmer's Market down near the museums, too. There's also an inclusive group (LARK) and a Christian homeschool group, if that helps.

YES!  The museums in Kenosha are quite nice if small.  We've been several times & even had an overnight at the civil war museum.  The people are really nice.

YES! The museums in Kenosha are quite nice if small. We've been several times & even had an overnight at the civil war museum. The people are really nice.

True, they are small. The Dinosaur museum especially, but they have great classes for kids there. If we lived close, ds would be there for every class they offered.

I grew up near there. My mom still lives near there so we are up there fairly often.

Kenosha- There is a lot of nice new or remodeled property near the Lake or on the west side. The middle is small urban and can be yucky. You'll know just from either driving through or satelite photos. The beaches, museums, and festivals are nice.

Pleasant Prairie and Mt Pleasant(near Racine)are new giant suburban suburbs. There is not really a downtown just endless neighborhoods filled with culdesacs. If that is what you want its perfect. You'll obviously be close enough to enjoy all of Kenosha anyway. If you are commuting on the highway one of those might be better because a lot of people commute down to Illinois or up to Milwaukee and Rt 50 can get really backed up.

The only parts of Caledonia and Mt Pleasant that I've driven through are the parts near the highway. 

Just a plug for Racine- There are also decent sections to Racine and some good schools. Houses there can be a real bargain.