Menu

Anyone know what orthodontic records I'm legally entitled to or where to look?

Joker

We're in Florida and all they will give me is a picture and an xray. The new orthodontist needs more than that to take over care in the middle of treatment. I've tried Googling but I must be bad at it and I'm about to start making calls, but thought someone here might have information for me as well. Thanks!

I wonder why your new ortho needs more info. We moved from China to CA during the middle of my daughters treatment. All I had was a picture and x-ray. Everything else was written in Mandarin. They just started with what they had. I hope you can find a solution soon.

just wanted to add: you can request a copy of all medical notes and treatment plans. There is probably some paperwork that needs to be filled out at the old ortho office.

There are only a small handful of orthodontists here who will even touch her mid treatment. Several said a flat out no. Every one that will see her requires all notes and xrays. We're switching because our current ortho is horrible.

I did find a statute that states I am entitled to all notes and xrays and am waiting on a call back from the ortho office regarding the legal information I found.