Menu

Audio Memory Songs for Math Facts - do they work?

Mama Anna

We're a musical family.  We do a lot of memorization with rhythm, hand-jive, and even some made-up songs.  Dd7 is still working to get some subtraction facts down and I know dd4 will be coming along soon as well.  Even dd10 might benefit from math fact review.

So.  Are these a good series in which to invest?  Have they helped your dc?  If we bring them into the house and begin to play them will we curse the day we even thought of them because they're lame and they're so permanently stuck in our heads that we can't get them out . . .  ("This is the song that never ends - it just goes on and on, my friend . . .")

What has your experience been?

TIA!

Mama Anna

We have only used songs for skip counting but I can tell you they have really really helped as we have started multiplication.

We use the CC math skip counting songs (we aren't in CC anymore but still use them). You can find some of them on youtube.

And on their apps:) I used the CC skip counting songs with my dd4 last year, even the squares and cubes. I do admit some of them are...not the best. I changed some a bit, or added a bit here and there, but they were pretty effective.

We have a few addition/subtraction versions but my kiddo didn't take to them as well. She preferred to just play games:)