Menu

Still hanging in there ... UPDATE

Luanne

They are talking like my mother might be coming home from the hospital this afternoon.  I haven't heard for sure yet.  She is doing a lot better (finally).  They say that most patients who have bypass surgery are out of ICU in 24-36 hours... my mother was there for 3 1/2 days.  She has been in a regular room since last Tuesday.  

My daughter and I are dog-sitting for my sister while she and her husband are on vacation.  If they send my mother home today, I will be back and forth between caring for my mother and caring for the dogs.  My sister won't be back until Saturday.  This is along with running my daughter to and from work as well.  

I still have a sinus infection.  I am on my third round of antibiotics (three different ones).  The first two weren't working at all and I had allergic reactions to both of them.  This one seems to be helping, but I am going to need a refill on it in a day or so.  I have other health issues I haven't had time to get taken care of.  I also ran into my parent's bed while vacuuming last Friday and greatly bruised and sprained my big toe on my left foot (I don't think it is broken).  I'm tired.  That is the one thing.... if I could just get some rest it would help a lot.

Thanks for all your continued prayers and such.

-Luanne

She isn't going home yet after all.  They are still trying to get her medicine stabilized.  It may be Saturday before she goes home.