Menu

Hands on Equations Verbal Problems

Leav97

The Intro book is a lot easier according to the company and probably good for younger elementary kids. I do not have that book, but I do have the Verbal book which does have some easier word problems. A couple of years ago I had the same question and called the company directly. I bought the kit for DD who was a first grader at that point.

We don't have it, but every single person who does seems to think it's the "meat" of the program, so I've been meaning to get it.

Anyone have any insight on what the level is?  Do the problems correspond with the levels in the book?  We've done it very slow - just every once in awhile we pull it out as a treat.  But we still finished Level I super fast and now we're going to be done with Level II soon.  Can we use it after finishing all the levels or is it really made to go alongside?

I read somewhere that you can begin the Intro book after completing Classwork #7. I debated over which word problem book to get for a long time. I would certainly like both, but the commbined price seems too much. I'm picking the second word problem book because it has all the types of problems and the answers are all worked out in the back with the pictures, or so I'm told. Also, I think a poster somewhere on a different thread said ages ago when they bought HOE there was only the second word problem book, so I assume the Intro is a new lighter version - a stepping stone.