Menu

Friday's Teachers' Lounge 2-7-2014

scrapbookbuzz

******YAWN******

Oh, excuse me! Busy, full day yesterday and a fast, hard sleep last night make it hard to wake up this morning. Woke up just in time for my weekly conference call! A little slow getting going this morning. However,

Welcome to the Teachers Lounge!

What's your schedule today? Here: conference call, do some History with the kids (finally!), then dd to drama, ds to a friend's for a play date, and researching discounted books for Ed's curriculum. I haven't told my husband yet but I plan on switching to a different History/Bible/English curriculum for her. I've tried to be my own lesson planner for over a semester but it just turns out to be to hazard.

What's on the menu today? Here: darn good question. I'd love to have a donut but I'm following the Paleo method, which has greatly helped my health over the past 3 weeks, and a donut doesn't qualify. Sometimes it's hard to retrain your brain and your taste buds!

What are you all up to this weekend? Here: dh and ds may be going camping this weekend. Have yet to get an affirmative on that. Dd and I will be going to an annual event called the Chocolate Affaire (it's like an Expo, but outside), and I recently discovered a high school classmate of mine is in town on business, so we're going to have brunch on Sunday. Somewhere in the midst of that, I need to menu plan, grocery shop, and get my own homework done. Whew!

Talk to me! :bigear:

Hi ya, Scrap!

You sound very busy today.  I'm just trying to get through the day.  And the weekend.  The biggest thing today will be to try and find a new primary care doctor.  

For dinner, I'm making a Chinese dish called "Happy Family" which has a variety of vegetables, meats and seafood to keep everyone in your family happy.  My dd was not happy when I didn't get around to making it yesterday.  

Hello.  I am here for a change.  I've had a rough few weeks, but I'm hoping we get back to normal sometime this month. On the Friday before MLK day, dd13 had what seemed to be a stomach bug.  On MLK day, I took her to ER for appendicitis.  It had ruptured. So two weeks and four surgeries later, we're trying to get back to normal.  I'm still sleeping in her room at night to be sure that she's okay.   

Youngest has spacers so she can get braces next week and is having trouble eating.  We just might have smoothies for dinner, again.  

I have a mountain of laundry waiting for me.  I hate it when I get behind.  I haven't been to the store in weeks.  I hope I can make some progress toward normal today.

Oh, Karen! So sorry! How is your kiddo feeling these days? Any better physically? 

As for laundry mountain, that's a daily occurrence here, so don't feel bad about that!

Do you have any stores that have a delivery service near you? I'm not recommending you use that all the time

but it might be helpful once or twice for you right now. I'll be praying for all of you!

I've been dead tired most of the day, so I tried to have two DECAF soy lattes today, well spaced apart. Evidently my heartbeat doesn't approve! Blah.

So, how else am I supposed to wake up on those rough days if I can't have caffeine, even decaf??

Have yet to find out if "the boys" are going camping this weekend. I sure hope they still are because I have plans! LOL

Okay, now going to see if I can get MFW curriculum any cheaper than I've already figured it to be at it's least. Either way, I will convince my very Dutch dh that 

this is what needs to be purchased for my own sanity!

I'm turning one corner of the Lounge into the nap room now. I'll but the divider screen up and there will be one cot and two easy chairs available for use. Well, actually

I'll be in one of the easy chairs. If you come in while I'm sleeping, please just be quiet and don't mention coffee!  :bored:

Today I hosted our small family Friday Co-op(the groups is my sister, my sis in-law, myself, and all of our kids. 10 in all). Our monthly topic is Oregon so today I was teaching the kids a bit about Oregon Native Americans and the early pioneers and settlers that came on the Oregon trail. It is a big topic, but I think I hit the highlights at least. I'm excited because I was able to set up a field trip for a presentation with out local Tribe that we will go to next month. I hate calling people I don't know so I was really nervous but the lady in charge of education was super nice. Now I'm just chilling and I need to think of dinner. I also need to give the kids their spelling tests. We are all excited for the Olympic Opening ceremonies tonight. :)