Menu

Where can I buy really cheap prints of Rembrandt for art study?

Kimber

Check out Amblesideonline.com for their art study. They have a yahoo group where you can print them out. Also, I think Rembrandt is a bit later in history.

You can also buy little artist books from Dover.

HTH.

Tina

Ambleside Online does have them. They did Rembrandt last year. You can either print them yourself as an option or you can order prints for $17 (shipping included) that is on good quality photo paper. I just ordered prints for this term's artist and was very pleased with the quality and the speed of shipping.

http://www.amblesideonline.org/ArtAngela.shtml

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

Go with the better quality pictures in the library, rather than the cheapest stuff printed off line. The lower the quality, the more detail and nuance you miss in the picture.

When I was in college, we used small prints from a group called

University Prints. Not sure if they're around anymore. Each student would get a small box of required prints. Not too expensive, glossy, and better quality than a post card.

Another idea is to use the web to look at paintings if you have quality graphics on your computer. When I graduated, classes were starting to require this. Google the paintings or artist and/or the name of the museum which exhibits the piece you want to look at. You might get some links there. The museums' gift shops may carry postcards of the particular painting you want.

Does Dover make any postcards for Rembrandt? I have Egyptian postcards from Dover and I was pleasantly surprised. Not too pricy at all and I got a whole book of punch out cards. Check the Dover website.

Wow! You guys are fantastic! I am going to check out of all these options.

Thanks a bunch,

Kimberly

Tina, I picked Rembrandt because the focus of many of his pieces are ones that would coincide well with ancient history. The Return of the Prodigal Son is one that I really want to study with them. So I decided to go against the 4 year type plan and work with content, at least for this year. Who knows about next year or even next month for now. :D

Thanks again!