Menu

Foerster's?

When you all refer to Foerster's Algebra, which editions do you get (for both 1 and 2), and do you also get an answer key, tests, or other supplemental books with them? Links, please?  (I know someone recently linked, but only for 1, and I'm wondering about any 'helps' books.) Do you also get a geometry text from Foerster's? If so, which edition?

TIA

We only used Foerster's Algebra 1.  We used 1999 student and teacher text. The solution manual was from the publisher and it had no date on it.  It worked fine.

student 020132458X
teacher 0201324598
solution 0201861003

I like using www.addall.com with the ISBN.

Many people do not buy the teacher text.  I like all the help I can get.  :laugh:

We used Discovering Geometry by Michael Serra after Algebra 1.

I would agree with the recommendations Sue has given you, but that probably because I think I got my Algebra I materials from her. ;)

I did end up with a second student text with a different cover and ISBN number and same content. If I remember right, you are looking for the "Classic Edition."

For Algebra 2:

Algebra and Trigonometry: 0-201-32460-1

Solutions Manual:  0-201-252-86-4

Graphing Calculator Manual: 0-201-81882-5

We use student edition: 978-0131657083

It's the "Classic" edition.  You can pick it up off Amazon, used, in 'good' condition, for $14 plus shipping.
We don't use the Teacher Edition, however, we have Math Without Borders so it isn't like I have to figure out much! ;)  Answers for the odd problems are in the back of the book and, so far, we've found this to be plenty of daily work for us.

We'll follow it with the Algebra II text - Algebra and Trig.

As for Geometry, he's getting an intro right now with TT and I think we're going to follow it next year with an online Geometry class, though I've not decided which one.