Menu

Birth sizes of your girls vs. boys

Kathryn

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstborn son was my tiny 6 lber, secondborn was my largest at 8.5 lbs. My girls were 7 lbs and 8 lbs. My earliest was 37 weeks (ds2), my latest was right about 40 weeks and none of them had any medical issues.

The middle two were tiny children, which they got from their dad: ds1 wasn't even five feet tall when he was 12, but at 22 he's close to six feet and very athletic. dd2 is taller than dd1 now.

The oldest and the youngest take after me and are/were large children, but dd1 is an average sized adult and I expect ds2 to be as well.

Mine depended how long they managed to stay in the womb.

Oldest ds, 34 weeks, 5 lb. 7 oz. (16 days in NICU for pneumonia)

Younger ds, 37 weeks, 7 lb 11 oz. (Healthy)

Dd, 36 weeks, 6 lb. 1 oz. (10 days in NICU initially for not passing meconium then apnea/periodic breathing...came home on apnea monitor, a cocktail for reflux, and caffeine for the breathing issues)

My oldest (18yo) did not make it on the growth charts until he was 13yo...kept his own curve right below it and is still on the small side at 5ft 6in and 132lb. My middle (16yo) is my biggest at 5ft. 10in. and 190lb. My dd (11yo) has always run about the 2-3% for her age.