Menu

Wording for High School Diploma

If you have given your high school graduate a diploma, what was the wording on the diploma.  Was it a personal diploma just from your family, or was it a diploma associated with a home schooling organization?  I'm looking for wording ideas.

My ds will be graduating high school this year and going through a ceremony with about 40 seniors associated with our local home school co-op, support group or in the home school community in general. Part of the ceremony is the parents handing their student an official high school diploma.  I just got a look at the proof of the diploma.  It is very official looking and reads: 

Diploma of Graduation

State of (state name)

This Certifies That

(name of student)

Has completed the Course of Study prescribed for High School Graduation

and is therefore awarded this

Diploma

Given this (day) day of (month), two thousand and fourteen

signature line

Parent/Teacher

We went with a parent-awarded diploma, ordered from Homeschool Diploma. It was the standard diploma in a padded cover, with an included embossed seal. It was about $35-40, once you add on shipping and any extras. One DS also worked at Honors level, and so we also paid for the additional gold "with honors" seal. It was WAY worth the money to me to celebrate our years of hard work and to give us a very official-looking closure to our years of home education. :)

re: your specific question of wording: If you click on the image of the diploma on the Homeschool Diploma website, you can see what they use as the wording. You can also customize the wording to match state diploma wording and to name your homeschool, in case your student will be needing a diploma for international college acceptance.

You can also check out the wording on diploma templates at these two websites: Donna Young, and Free Printable Certificates.

Congratulations on your soon-to-be graduate! :) Warmest regards, Lori D.

If you have given your high school graduate a diploma, what was the wording on the diploma.  Was it a personal diploma just from your family, or was it a diploma associated with a home schooling organization?  I'm looking for wording ideas.

My ds will be graduating high school this year and going through a ceremony with about 40 seniors associated with our local home school co-op, support group or in the home school community in general. Part of the ceremony is the parents handing their student an official high school diploma.  I just got a look at the proof of the diploma.  It is very official looking and reads: 

Diploma of Graduation

State of (state name)

This Certifies That

(name of student)

Has completed the Course of Study prescribed for High School Graduation

and is therefore awarded this

Diploma

Given this (day) day of (month), two thousand and fourteen

signature line

Parent/Teacher

We issued our own diplomas, with this wording:

Plantation Christian School

San José, California

This certifies that

has completed the prescribed course of study,

and has passed with credit the examinations required for the full

High School Course, and is hereby awarded this

Diploma

on this_______day of______________ 20____

Principal

We printed our on the home printer- except for DH's resume, it is the ONLY thing I have EVER printed on the highest quality setting. :lol: I

looked around at homeschool diploma sites, and came up with an idea for our customized diploma.  We printed it on something similar to this- Diamond likes silver/grey.  http://www.staples.com/Southworth-Premium-Foil-Enhanced-Certificates-66-lb-Heavyweight-15-sheets-Pack/product_SS1063792

This is close to our wording...  didn't want it copied exactly...

Lastname Christan Academy

This certifies that

First Middle Lastname

has satisfactorily completed the necessary requirements of study in accordance with the regulations of the state of XX and is presented with this

High School Diploma

and is entitled to all rights and privileges pertaining thereto.

Dated this NUMBER of MONTH

YEar

Signature of Father                        Signature of Mother

We put it in a certificate frame from the dollar store, and set it out by the cake/cookies/pictures at her grad party. It now resides in our china-cabinet used as a display case, and no one has ever asked to see it. I don;t think anyone at the party cared either- except for other homeschoolers looking for ideas. :laugh:

Thank you all for responding.  I love the Homeschool Diploma site.  Great ideas there to better reflect our home school experience.  I finally found my public high school graduation diploma and I was surprised it was very similar to the standard except it added the school name and signed by the principal and school district superintendent.  I don't think anybody ever saw my diploma - in fact it arrived in the mail weeks after the ceremony just to make sure I passed my classes I guess.