Menu

Help me on my fashion quest

Momling

Get your googling and fashion skills ready... I need your help!

My brother is getting married in San Francisco in August.  His fiance has asked her two sisters to be her bridesmaids and my brother has asked my two daughters (10 & 12 yrs old) to be his "groomsmaids".

I'm not sure what the bride and her maids will be wearing, but it's an outside wedding and she doesn't want to spend too much.  My brother will probably be wearing a 3 piece slim-cut suit, maybe blue or grey color... definitely not a tux.  They're kind of young hipster types.

My older daughter is somewhat petite (5'2) but has a grown-up figure.  She'd need to be in a women's or junior size 0-1 or XS. She's a ballet dancer and loves willowy, ethereal, vintage clothes.

My younger daughter is very sporty looking. She's still in kids sizes (no waist or chest), but needs a size 14 or so.  She'd wear anything happily.

I don't think that they need to wear the same dress, but they should fit together somehow.

I started off looking at Modcloth, but there seems to be so many options and then I don't even know that I'd be able to alter a dress to fit my younger daughter if it had darts at the chest.  But when I look at girls clothes, they all seem so tacky or else look like flower girl dresses, which my brother specifically did not want them to look like -- he wants cool and hip groomsmaids. So where does a cool, hip girl shop? What would a hipster groomsgirl wear?

I'm no help...

I picture your girls in adorable vintage suits and bowler hats.

I am also picturing it all with a particular instagram filter in place!

Seriously though, I can picture incorporating some menswear into their look...some random ideas...a vest with a flowy skirt or a bowler hat with flowers and ribbons...a bowtie as a hairband or a cumberbund for a sash on a dress. Just one menswear touch...

I think groomsmaids is so sweet!