Menu

I've watched too much Chopped, need recipe

amyinva

I feel like I must make a dessert with mascarpone cheese. I have never used it, and every dessert they make on Chopped has it! Does anyone have a wonderful recipe to share? Something wonderfully creamy, not too sweet, and not with fruits that currently are out of season (I keep seeing recipes with strawberries). Chocolate is a bonus, but certainly not required.

Thank you!

Julienne the yak liver very thin, fry in bacon grease until a crispy lardon effect is reached, add salt and set aside. Boil beets in root beer until tender, purée with heavy cream. Make vanilla mascarpone whipped cream. Layer beet purée with mascarpone cream, top with yak lardon and just a few pink peppercorns. :D

I made the following recipe for a potluck at work and also for Christmas. I love it! Instead of putting cocoa on top, I used a microplane to grate some dark chocolate. This is a low carb recipe, but I'm sure you could use any recipe for the cookie cups and sub sugar. I used DaVinci sugar-free kahlua syrup instead of the liqueur, and didn't need the guar gum. Even the filling all by itself is yummy!

* Exported from MasterCook *

Tiramisu Cookie Cups

Recipe By     :
Serving Size  : 0     Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Christmas                       Cookies
                Gluten Free                     Holiday
                Holidays                        Low Carb
                Quick & Easy

Amount  Measure       Ingredient -- Preparation Method
--------  ------------  --------------------------------
                        Cookie Cups:
  2               cups  almond flour
     1/3           cup  Swerve Sweetener or other erythritol
  1                tsp  espresso powder or instant coffee
     1/2           tsp  baking powder
     1/4           tsp  salt
  6               tbsp  butter -- melted
  1              large  egg
     1/4           tsp  stevia extract
                        Tiramisu Filling:
     1/4           cup  whipping cream -- chilled
     1/3           cup  powdered Swerve
  1               tbsp  coffee liqueur (preferably [homemade sugar-free coffee liqueur)
     1/8           tsp  stevia extract
  6                 oz  mascarpone -- room temperature
     1/2           tsp  guar gum (if necessary -- to re-emulsify) (1/2 to 3/4)
                        Cocoa powder for sprinkling

Yield: 24 cookie cups
Serving Size: 2 cookie cups
For the cookie cups, preheat oven to 325F and grease a mini muffin tin (24 mini-muffin capacity).
In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, erythritol, espresso powder, baking powder and salt.
Stir in butter, egg and stevia until dough comes together.
Form by hand into approximately 1-inch balls and place dough balls into prepared mini-muffin tin. This recipe will make exactly 24 so if you've made your balls too big or too small, go back and redistribute the dough.
Press the dough into the bottom and up the sides of each mini-muffin hole. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until edges are lightly brown and cookie cup is puffed up a bit.
Remove from oven and use the end of a wooden spoon to gently create a nice well in the center of each cookie cup. Let cool.
For the filling, whip cream with powdered erythritol until it forms stiff peaks. Stir in coffee liqueur and stevia extract.
Gently fold in room-temperature mascarpone. If it separates and gets clumpy, beat in guar gum 1/4 tsp at a time until comes back together.
Spoon or pipe filling into cooled cookie cups. Sift cocoa powder over top and refrigerate 20 minutes to set.

Serves 12 (2 cookie cups each). Each serving has 5.5 g of carbs and 2 g of fiber. Total NET CARBS = 3.5 g.
Description:
  "Creamy tiramisu filling in little coffee-flavoured cookie cups. Tiramisu you can eat with your fingers! Low carb and gluten-free."
Source:
                                    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -