Menu

DD 5 Wants a Puppet Theater...

hands-on-mama

I got my kids folkmanis finger puppets this year.  They have hand puppets too.  Both are great quality but the finger puppets are cheaper.  Amazon sells them.  As for theater I don't know.  We use a cubby in our half wall shelf and add a tension rod to it with a curtain.

My sister is getting my niece one for her birthday next month too. She looked at Land of Nod, Hearthsong, and Magic Cabin. She ended up choosing Hearthsong: http://www.hearthsong.com/fairy-toys/50-durable-cotton-twill-doorway-puppet-theater.htm

When we were girls we had a similar one our mom made. Got so much use over the years! I'm sure your DD will love whatever you choose. :)

I just sewed a basic curtain that fit on a tension rod. We would put the tension rod up in the hallway, and the kids occupied many afternoons putting on puppet shows. The puppets lived in a plastic shoe box in the closet with the tension rod/curtain combo. We handed our puppet kit down to a friend. I miss them.

My dd loves all manner of puppets, and we have quite a collection...from all kinds of sources. Stuffed animals make appearances as well, as do random household bits and bobs:)

Our puppet theater I actually made in a few minutes from fabric scraps and a table cloth over one of those inexpensive portable clothes racks. I glued fabric to a piece of plywood for the base. I just snapped a phot with my phone to post, so it isn't great quality. Her daddy spent about an hour painting a generic scenery backdrop on a canvas we had lying around. It is set up for a Gruffalo puppet show, but we actually use it for all sorts of LA activities!

Hhhm, lets see if I can post the photo...post-72404-0-37497200-1387863132_thumb.jpg

post-72404-0-37497200-1387863132_thumb.jpg