Menu

Ack! Help need emergency Christmas present ideas

Excelsior! Academy

I always get my mother a pretty pendant to go with some of the nice chains I've bought her over the years.  She loves amber, and I've spent a lot of years searching for unique pieces.   Does your mother like a specific gemstone?    I also get her books, warm gloves, soft slippers, or a pretty sweater.  My kids also make her something. Is your mother spending Christmas with you?  

I always send my MIL a tabletop tree, so she has a decoration. She loves it. She feels it makes her apartment festive. She also likes that she just disposes of it when the season is over. She doesn't like accumulating random stuff. My MIL also likes going to movies and live theatre, so tickets may be a nice present.

Would a museum membership be good. Museums usually have events especially for members, so it's nice to have things to look forward to doing.

We can't send her books--she goes to the library twice a month with a rolling suitcase and fills it up. There's no way we could find something she wanted that she has not already read.

It's a little late to do now, but I like making photobooks off of Shutterfly.  When my husband's father passed away, I used the photos he had on his camera to create a photobook for my MIL.  She loves it and literally travels with it.  Since then I have made her books with pictures of my kids but this is the first year I really just didn't have time.  I am hoping to make one for her in January or so and just surprise her later with one.