Menu

Have you ever won anything??

kwickimom

I participate in raffles, in the stores where we shop. 99% of the time, it is required that a purchase be made, to enter the raffles here. I think that is illegal in the USA, but we are in South America.   I do remember, once, years ago, entering a contest for Continental  Airlines, for a trip to the states, when they served our airport, that did not require a purchase, but that's incredibly rare here.

I've been blessed and I have won a number of raffles: 2 Desktop PCs, a very high end 34" TV with a very High End Home Theater; a few little things and our Refrigerator.  The Refrigerator had been raffled before, but the first person who won it did not put his information clearly and they could not contact him, so I kept participating and they raffled it again and I won it, the 2nd time around. So, I am very careful to fill out things completely and clearly, especially if I am entering a raffle for a car or apartment or something expensive. 

When DD was in the SACS accredited school here, the mother of one of her friends won a trip to Europe, from her cell phone company. And, I know someone in a city about 4 hours from where we live, who won a car, from the same cell phone company.

My wife told me about a neighbor, near the house where she grew up, who entered a raffle and one day a tractor trailer came to their house and  the men began unloading a houseful of furniture and appliances. She didn't know she'd won a raffle, until the truck came to their house and she thought it was a mistake, that they were unloading the stuff at her house. 

If one does not participate, it is impossible to win!

P.S.

I have had NO luck with the lottery and we need to replace the roof on our house.  

ETA: I forgot that I won my bicycle, in a raffle from Purina, in the superstore where we shopped for years. I ride that bike approximately 1000 miles each year.

reading all the posts reminded me too of ds10, when he was 7 he won a new bicycle when we attended safety days.  To enter his name he had to do a frisbee toss and because he got his frisbee to land within a certain distance to the bike his name got put in the draw.  The down side of winning the bike is that was the summer he was in a wheelchair due to his car accident.  He didn't get to ride that bike for months and even then only rarely as he was still in an aircast until the following march.  The summer after he won it he road that thing daily, he still has it.

He was nice, but he gave dh a look that was clearly like, that is so pathetic.  Sort of a disconnected rich person thing.  He left when the show wasn't as big anymore.  More being superior. ;)

I cannot imagine being proud of my career if I were Regis. I mean, other than the genius that is paying someone to sit around and be annoying. Sheesh. Of course any normal person would be excited to win $32,000!  I think that's great, and poo to Regis.

A friend of mine entered me (and herself) in a drawing at a grocery store to win a washer and dryer, and I won!  It was great because we had just been told our washer wouldn't last much longer w/out an expensive repair.

The next time she entered a drawing, her young daughter said, "Don't enter her this time--just us!"   :laugh: