Menu

simple gluten pot luck entree I can put together in a couple hours...

bettyandbob

dd has decided to go to her cast party (she doesn't normally). We are supposed to bring a dish to share. dd is gluten free so I will take a serving for her first before anyone else touches it, but at the same time she gets something that's on the table. 

Instead of an entree I could bring a plate with cheese and rice crackers, a variety of fruit, and gf brownies. Do you think that would be OK. dd could eat those things, maybe raw veggies if we see any that look ok and then get some more substantial food at home if necessary. 

One of the department's at work had their potluck last week and someone brought sliced ham in a crock pot. I thought it was an awesome idea as it was something that I could safely eat and had minimal prep. 

This is what I bought: http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2013/12/chicken-satay-meatball-recipe.html   I took them in a crockpot.

If you don't want to take an entree, then your plate idea is a great one. 

I think your idea is fine.

We often make white chili for events.  It's easy and it's OK to fudge a bit on the ingredients.

Put a bunch of chicken breasts in the crock pot

Top with: 1 jar green salsa

about 16 oz of sour cream

3-4 cans chopped green chilis

Once the chicken is cooked, then add 2 cans red beans and whatever else you want

We bring fritos, shredded cheese and lettuce to put on top.

This is good for a potluck, but also just a good comfort food!

Broccoli Quinoa Casserole

1 10oz can Progresso Cream of Mushroom (GF variety)

1/3 c mayonnaise

2 tbsp milk

1 ¼ c cheese

¼ tsp pepper

dash nutmeg

2 c cooked broccoli

1 ½ c cooked quinoa

freshly grated parmesan cheese

Cook quinoa according to directions.  Preheat oven to 350 and coat a shallow baking dish with cooking spray. In a large bowl combine soup, mayo, milk, shredded cheese, pepper and nutmeg.  Stir in quinoa and broccoli.  Spoon mixture into casserole or baking dish.  Top with parmesan.  Bake for 35-40 minutes.

I often try to bring cut-up veggies/dip and cheese to potlucks because I eat GF but also try to avoid most grains and try to eat low-carb when I can. I find that potluck food tends to be heavy on the carbs because they're less expensive, so if I bring what I can eat, I know I'm somewhat covered (and I feel good that kids seem to dig into cut-up veggies as long as someone besides their own parent has provided them :lol:).

All that is to say, I'd be thrilled if I saw your veggies and cheese at a party :D If that's easiest, then do it.