Menu

Need audiobook suggestions

Miss Marple

DS likes to listen to audiobooks while driving back and forth from college.  Something fairly lighthearted and quick or something that he can easily come back to a few weeks later.  He loves James Bond, Jeeves and Wooster, Nero Wolfe, and Top Gear.

We have:  Jeeves and Wooser, Nero Wolfe, Father Brown

Also, any idea if any of the Car Talk cds are good?  If so, is there one better than the other?  We always enjoyed listening to those on the way to church on Sunday evenings.  

Any suggestions are appreciated.

You might consider signing him up for an audible account. I pay $20 for 2 credits/month. I can download 1 book with each credit. They have tons of choices, including many lecture series from The Great Courses. It's cheaper than paying separately for lots of audio books.

ETA: You can listen to the books on more than one device.

http://audible.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3316

It sounds as though he enyoys a bit of British humour:)

If so, has he been exposed to any Douglas Adams? I would definitely recommend starting Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy! The Audiobook version or original BBC series.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/s/ref=is_s_ss_i_0_35?k=hitchiker%27s+guide+to+the+galaxy+audiobook&sprefix=Hitchiker%27s+guide+to+the+galaxy+aud

Btw- if you have been unfortunate enough to have seen the US movie based upon the book...do not be misled by that horrible travesty:)