Menu

"Ain't nobody got time for this!"

I finally told my 9yo son this morning, "I have already told you what needs to be done. I'm tired of having to stand over you to keep you to your schedule. When you're ready to learn or want help, you let me know. You know what needs to be done." I usually don't have to tell him more than once so I don't know what's going on this morning! My 15yo Aspie girl complained when I gave her a daily instruction. It's nothing out of the ordinary. However, her 15yo self evidently thought I was asking more than should be expected. She is currently out walking the dog so we'll see how she does when she comes back in and I remind her to mop. I'm ready to be done with my own studies, too. should be an interesting day!

Anyone else dealing with the "I don't wannas" today?

YES. my 12 yo ds is an 'I dont wanna' today. so fine, be that way. his younger brother worked hard this morning and then I had to go out so I set him up with his new book, Mini Weapons of Mass Destruction and a pile of supplies. came home and the two of them are making all sorts of wonderful things. then we make our donut dough, set it to rise and took the dog for a loooong walk in the woods. came home thinking I am supermom, I salvaged the day, moods are good, work will be done! but then, older ds got frustrated with his pen canon, slammed his door and said 'and dont even think of asking me to do math today!'. mmmhmmm. I'll let math go but not the attitude. like you say, aint nobody got time for that.

I tell ya, teenager-y boys throw me through a loop like nothing else. my teen dd, I get. him? not so much.

Actually, Jean, as I composed that last question, I thought of adults, too! I completely understand! My son didn't "wanna" do what he knew needed to be done,

evidently, and I didn't want to have to keep reminding him!

Chaya, maybe I'll just take the kids on a hike this afternoon, instead!