Menu

Has anyone tried the Beachbody workout called Focus T25? (by the Insanity guy)

6packofun

Looking for opinions.  My dd18 is not very active and has gained  quite a bit of weight.  I'm  looking for something we can do together and she's willing to do something on DVD.  (She's done some workouts with me before, just 10 minute bootcamp type things.)

Is this way too hard for a beginner?  I know lots of people who start these workouts and work their way up.  It seems fun and upbeat; she says she doesn't want something that is too much like aerobics.  lol

I've done many of the DVDs but not all. I prefer to walk/run, but on alternating days I work out to various DVDs including T25.

I think it would be great for a beginner. It would be challenging but not nearly as challenging as Shaun T's Insanity series. One of the participants in the DVD also demonstrates a modified version of what Shaun T and the others are doing. There are two levels (Alpha and Beta), but Beta is not that much more intense than Alpha. There is great variety, so boredom won't be an issue for a while.

I'd recommend it!

Ok in the interest of full disclosure I am a beachbody coach....

So yes, I have used the program and would HIGHLY recommend it.  It is really a great program.  Each workout is only 30 minutes and all workouts in the first two stages (Alpha and Gamma) have a modifier so it is wonderful for a beginner.  Your daughter can just modify the moves she has a problem with and then modify less as needed.  

I ran an Accountability group for FocusT25 when it first came out and my members did great.   It really is appropriate for everyone.  If you are interested I can send you some videos and testimonials if you need help making the decision.

Send me a pm with ANY questions you have!! It really is a great program!!

Edit to add: I know a lot of people get scared because Shaun T is the trainer and he did Insantity and that is --well insane :) .  This program is really appropriate for all levels of fitness.

Thanks for bringing this up. DH and I have been considering buying T25 for ourselves as a Christmas gift. DH borrowed Insanity from a friend and did well, but I just wasn't interested in that intensity or length. Sounds like T25 would be a good fit for me.

Is it reasonable to do it just every other day, instead of the five times a week it says?

Erica in OR

Thanks for bringing this up. DH and I have been considering buying T25 for ourselves as a Christmas gift. DH borrowed Insanity from a friend and did well, but I just wasn't interested in that intensity or length. Sounds like T25 would be a good fit for me.

Is it reasonable to do it just every other day, instead of the five times a week it says?

Erica in OR

Yes, you can do it as many times a week as you want, but obviously you won't get as good of results as if you did it everyday BUT you will get better results than doing nothing at all :)

Not to muddle the waters but if you are more interested in Tony Horton programs P90X3 will be released on Dec. 10th.  That will be 16 workouts each 30 minutes long.

Ohhh, that does muddle things a bit, but in a good way!  lol  Now that I see so many saying that a beginner can do T25, I'm wondering if it will be challenging enough for ME.  I have not done any Beachbody workouts, but I run, take spin classes, and do a few boot camp type workouts for abs, arms and legs.  Is P90X3 about the same level as T25 or harder/easier?