Menu

Have we had a "What are you getting DH for Christmas" thread yet?

I hate spending money, and I always feel like he's never really going to be thrilled with

what I get. I'm really not much of a shopper.

That's how I feel about present-buying in general. I LOVE finding the perfect thing for someone and giving it to them, but I rarely find it when I'm looking for it.

I made my dh a free calendar from Shutterfly. It just came in the mail today and it looks great. Not bad for the 5.99 shipping I paid. I may get him something else small. We do not spend much on each other for Christmas. We focus on giving to the kids and to charity when we can. ;)

My husband is getting

• RC Quad-Copter
  • Seasons 3-6 of The Big Bang Theory (He has first 2 seasons already)
  • The Hobbit paperback (He's suggested if he got this book he'd read it aloud to the kids each night)

His stocking will have

• Eye Glass Repair Kit
  • Chipotle Tabasco Sauce
  • First Aid Kit
  • Car Phone Charger
  • Pistashios
  • Dairy Free Rice Crunch Chocolate Bar
  • Pumpkin Pie Lara Bar
  • Snicker Doodle Lara Bar
  • Toothbrush
  • Tazo Awake English Breakfast Tea
  • Warm Cozy Winter Socks

Mine is getting some micro-tuner thingie for his guitar, the newest Johnny Lang CD and the latest Eric Clapton Crossroads Festival Blu-ray.  The kids got him some new slippers because the dog chewed his.  

I'll probably put in his stocking some guitar strings, some sort of chocolate, lottery tickets, and I'm not sure what else. 

ETA:  This year is hard for me.  I am a gift giver.  I think it's my love language.  Nothing makes me happier than finding the perfect gift for someone.  Last year I bought him a mandolin (he has never had one and has always wanted to learn to play) but in the shape of his beloved Fender Stratocaster.  You should have seen his face!

Anyway, this year our big gift to each other is to pay off our next vacation, which is a cruise for just the two of us that we're taking next year.  So, just little stuff for us, and it's killing me.  Sigh. 

My DH's birthday is Christmas eve (and son's is xmas day!) so I get to shop for both. 

For his birthday I got him a heated foot massager thingy. He is always coming home from work stressed and I think it will help him relax. I also got him a dashcam for his car.

For Christmas I got him car ramps and wheel chucks he has been wanting and a GC to the gun shop.

I got mine

A t-shirt for every single one of his sports teams

A new Mickey shirt to replace an old one that has holes

Some tools that I don't understand, but know he wanted

Funnel cake mix for the stocking

A new watch

Now if anyone has any great stocking stuffer ideas that would help.  No bar themed stuff, no gold themed stuff, no video games, no latest and greatest gadgets, no bath type stuff, so what does that really leave?

If he is a tool kind of guy and does not have a head lamp, he needs one. :)

http://www.trekt.com/3742-Black-Diamond-Gizmo-Headlamp.aspx?zmam=41843225&zmas=1&zmac=2&zmap=65114&gclid=CLD6nInuobsCFdFafgodvWAAkQ

My DH's birthday is Christmas eve (and son's is xmas day!) so I get to shop for both. 

For his birthday I got him a heated foot massager thingy. He is always coming home from work stressed and I think it will help him relax. I also got him a dashcam for his car.

For Christmas I got him car ramps and wheel chucks he has been wanting and a GC to the gun shop.

What does the dashcam do? Take pics of him while he drives? :)

It is a video camera that mounts in the windshield. It videos your entire trip from the front and also inside the car (if you want it to). I have one for my car and I love it. It records and stores the video on a micro SD card. It's similar to what police have in their cars. It can prove yourself innocent (or guilty!) if you are in an accident, road rage, police stops etc.

http://www.amazon.com/BOOMYOURS-270%C2%B0Rotating-Vehicle-Blackbox-G-sensor/dp/B008GAMNBK/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1386549108&sr=8-5&keywords=dash+cam