Menu

Amazon vent

I ordered from Amazon because it was a little cheaper and everything I wanted was listed as in stock. One would think that would mean things would be shipped out within a week, right? My last in stock order was prepared for shipping the next day, so I thought this order would be sent quickly, too. This time, it's been over a week and the things aren't even being prepped yet. Is this just what I get for requesting free shipping?

My last free order from Amazon shipped surprisingly quickly, however, most of the time when I choose the free ship, it takes FOREVER. (I've had it 2 weeks before even shipping.) My last order was really heavy and they ended up shipping UPS, instead of just usps, so I thought maybe that may have sped things up. Sorry. Depending on what I order, I think twice about the free ship.

Thanks for the suggestion. I called. The one item I wanted the most is out of stock. It wasn't when I ordered it, but somehow, now it is. Rats. If I'd known this would happen I would have ordered it from Rainbow, but now I'd have to pay extra for the shipping, in addition to the higher price there. Oh, well. I'll just wait.

I ordered from Amazon because it was a little cheaper and everything I wanted was listed as in stock. One would think that would mean things would be shipped out within a week, right? My last in stock order was prepared for shipping the next day, so I thought this order would be sent quickly, too. This time, it's been over a week and the things aren't even being prepped yet. Is this just what I get for requesting free shipping?

I ordered nearly $100 from Amazon this summer. I split the order 3 ways so that each was $25+. I got 2 of them right away, but the 3rd took longer. Everything was "in stock" when I ordered, but from experience, I knew that sometimes things happen. By splitting up the order I was able to get most of what I needed right away.

:grouphug:

I have had such good service from Amazon. I'm surprised at this.

i always order free shipping.

My orders seem to get to me within 4-5 days.

I've even noticed that they seem to split my orders (without charging me)

Sometimes I will get part in 3 days and the rest in 5 days.

I would call

Of course my last order contained a laminated world map that I wanted ASAP. I didn't call till it was 10 days after the order. We checked the tracking and came to the conclusion it must have gotten lost in the mail.

They sent out a replacement that just arrived (in 2 days).

This happened to me 2 Christmas' ago.

They sat on it so long it went out of stock - and they didn't tell me until that 2 week point, and i couldn't order from anyone ELSE in time for Christmas either. Up till that email saying it went out of stock - it had been showing instock to order too.

I don't use their free shipping any longer - it just wasn't worth it....

I would complain after the fact--I got my Trail Guide to US Geography from them--I've never had a prob before, but this came strangely not new--and I say strangely because it looked sort of new, but scratched on the front, like when someone has it home, and roughs it up with other books, and the cover had been opened and the spine creased, etc. Probably a return, but a roughed up one. I called them, they said return it for a new one, I said that was a pain, could they take something off, and they took off $5. When you get the books, if you are willing to wait, and it is well after the normal amount of time, I would ask for a discount; I think they will be willing to give it. If not, call now and push them.